Popular belief is wrong too
Contrary to what everyone thought, she did turn me in to the State. Everyone that I talked to, my mom talked to and my sister talked to thought she was bluffing, more importantly, bullying me in to taking a job that I did not want. Well, she was not bluffing--today I got a notice in the mail that says I need to contact the office to give a statement on why I refused work.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to give them a call, so lets hope it goes well. At this point, I believe benefits are suspended and it could be as long as 21 days before they are reinstated. Three weeks with no money coming in at all. Thankfully, I've paid all my bills for the month--I just won't have any money to do anything else. Well, that is a slight exaggeration, I will have a little bit, but I won't be able to do anything recreational at all--not even slightly :(
Again, I'm trying to stay positive. I know I didn't do anything wrong and that at worst it was a mistake insomuch as I didn't know I could file again for unemployment and that was the reason I turned down a temp job. Hopefully the referee for this will understand. But we all know that ignorance on a subject does not really mean anything, other than you were ignorant. I doubt the state cares that I don't know unemployment law. That scares me, but I have to stay positive about this. I have to hope it works out for the best. I just have to.

<< Home